Blackened Fish Burger with Creole Relish and Greens
Get a Quote
Spice up your burger night with this mouth watering Creole classic. Whip up the Creole Relish in advance then the rest of the burger will come together in no time.
- 4 potato buns, halved and insides toasted under the grill
- 4 x 150g fish fillets
- 8 tsp cajun spice mix
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Baby coz leaves,enough for 2-3 leaves per burger
- Fresh tomato sliced
- Red onion slices
- Olive Oil
Creole Relish (makes 1 ½ cups)
- 170g kalamata olives, pitted
- 170g pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 80g Rosated red peppers – store bought or homemade
- 3 tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until pieces are small enough to spread.
Relish can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Creole relish makes a great gift.
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
Dust each fish fillet with 2 tsp of cajun spices.
Place fish on a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
Spread mayonnaise across base of burger bun.
Dollop a generous amount of Creole Relish.
Top with baby coz, sliced tomato and red onion.
Add blackened cajun fish and sandwich
together with potato bun tops.