What is better than light and fluffy croissant? Flakey and buttery, croissants don't just have to be breakfast food. If you’re looking for a reputable wholesale supplier for these delicious croissants, then send us a message today.
Business Wholesale Enquiries
Pear and Dark Chocolate Croissant Pudding
There is nothing more satisfying on a cold, rainy day then tucking into a heartwarming chocolate pudding and this one has a twist! I included Il Granino croissants in this recipe and not only is the combination of pear and dark chocolate to die for, it is a cinch to make. Once you have laid your eyes and lips on this you will find it hard to return to plain old pudding recipes.
- 4 x Il Granino croissants, cut in half lengthways, then torn in two
- 2 pears, sliced very thinly
- 80g dark chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 orange zested
- Double cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Butter a 27cm diameter ovenproof dish (we used a quiche dish).
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and zest.
- Arrange the croissant pieces in the well-buttered dish, overlapping the slices.
- Tuck pear slices and chocolate between the layers of croissant.
- Pour cream mixture over the dish and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the custard is set and the pudding is puffy and golden.
If pudding looks to be darkening too much, place foil over for the remaining 15 minutes.