Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese on Ciabatta
Get a Quote
There is nothing wrong with a grilled cheese sandwich, but it doesn’t have to be boring. When you use artisan-style bread it can actually be a lunch-time attraction! Brighten up your next grilled cheese with this fresh and tasty idea, the lovely combination of tomato, bail and red onion is a real winner.
- 4 slices of Ill Granino Seeded Sourdough, toasted
- 280g aged cheddar (70g per slice of toast)
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, sliced in rounds
- ½ Red onion rounds, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Pre-heat grill on high.
To make basil oil
On a lined baking tray, divide cheese between the 4 slices of toast.
Grill until golden and melted.
To make tomato salad, combine tomatoes and onions with a vinaigrette made from vinegar, oil and seasoning.
To serve, lay out seeded sourdough on plates.
Layer tomato salad on toasted cheese, drizzle basil oil to finish.